Our nurse is in the building each day for your child’s needs.
If your child is not feeling well, we ask that you call the attendance line with symptoms, 513-755-5990. If you need additional information about keeping your child home or when they can return to school, please call or email the nurse directly.
If your child will need either daily medications or as needed medications, the approved medication permit will need to be completed. Medication will need to be brought to the nurse by an adult with the medication form. Medications can be brought in during school hours.
If your child becomes ill during the school day, we ask that they come to the nurse to be evaluated. This allows us to track illnesses and trends.
Lakota Local Schools is fortunate to have each of our clinics managed by a full-time registered nurse. Our nurses play an essential role in the daily and chronic health needs of our students, both as a medical professional and as an advocate for safety and health of all students and staff.
Recognizing the physical, emotional, and social needs of the students enables the nurse to advocate and educate for their needs to promote optimal learning in the school setting. Health Services provides a long list of services, some of which include:
- Daily management of the clinic and observation and reporting of health trends;
- Administration of medications and nursing procedures as prescribed by a physician and set forth by District policy;
- Providing first aid and referrals as needed for community resources;
- Developing and educating emergency action plans for students with critical health needs;
- Performing mandated vision and hearing screenings and refers for follow-up as needed;
- Maintaining health records and immunization compliance within the state requirements; and
- Collaborating and consulting with staff regarding student’s health concerns and needs in the school setting.
Meet Our Nurse
Mrs. Drago has been at Liberty Jr. since 2010. She graduated from the University of Cincinnati and loves all things UC!